Church Vision Effort
Goals and Aspirations of the Vision Effort
- How do we help our Church family feel loved?
- How do we give our Church family a voice?
- How do we help our Church family feel equipped and enabled?
- How do we align our Church family more closely to its Scriptural calling?
Goodfield Vision Process Timeline
- Sunday March 1st – Afternoon service about why/how/what, vision and purpose
- Sunday March 8th – Afternoon service on 4 pillars – Church Health Survey available online or paper copies
- Sunday March 15th – Afternoon service on Why me? - everyone’s input is important and necessary!
- Sunday March 22nd – Deadline for Church Health Surveys to be completed
- April 1st – Deadline for committee/ministry questionnaires to be completed
- Sunday April 19th – Communicate to church survey results and upcoming focus groups
- May 2nd, 6th, and 9th – Focus Groups
Vision Steering Team
|Carrie Blunier ||Erik Wiegand |
|Jim Hartman ||Ruth Grimm |
|Judy Musselman ||Ty Taufer |
|Darrell Stoller ||Lori Wiegand |
|Melissa Rokey ||Denny Blunier |
|Nathan Wiegand ||Christy Wiegand |
|Joan Plattner ||Jeff Grimm |
Overview of Meeting Minutes/Church Communications
March 8, 2020 - Dear Church Family, Here is the link to take the Healthy Church Survey online: (link was sent via email). It should take between 20-30 minutes to complete. The deadline to complete the survey is March, 22nd. A pdf of the print version of the survey can be found at this link in case anyone would like to print it out to make notes on, or fill out manually and place in the collection boxes at church. If there are any questions, please direct them to a member of the Vision Team.
February 27, 2020 - Dear Church Family,
The Goodfield Church Vision Steering Team held their third meeting on Thursday night. The team considered appropriate next steps in this present effort to afford each one in our church family the opportunity to share their perspective and experience in three core areas:
- How each individual believes their personal walk with Christ is being nurtured through our local church in Goodfield.
- How Goodfield church is adhering to Biblical principles through the stewardship of its various ministries and opportunities.
- How each individual believes their talents and gifts are being supported and encouraged unto further good works.
As we prayerfully move forward with this process of sharing together as a church family, we will continue to review our purpose in this effort, our Four Pillar Mission as informed by God’s word, and the steps to be taken to ensure everyone in our church family is given the opportunity to be heard.
Goodfield Church Vision Steering Team
February 16, 2020 - The Goodfield Vision Steering Team held their second meeting on 2/12 to discuss the next steps of this present effort in gaining further understanding of how our church family feels that they are supported and equipped in their personal walk with Christ through our church here in Goodfield. The Team discussed areas of concern that they have heard regarding this effort and how we as a Team can serve each one of you better as we seek to gather this information from our church family. The Team further discussed how this information would be obtained from the church. In the coming weeks, you will be hearing more about our Four Pillar Mission in preparation for the Church Health Survey which will be distributed to our church family to complete individually. This survey will be distributed in order to gain understanding of how well each individual feels that their personal walk with Christ is being nurtured through our local church in Goodfield. How well Goodfield church is adhering to Biblical principles through the stewardship of its various ministries and opportunities; and lastly, how well they feel that their individual talents and gifts are being supported and encouraged unto further good works. Eventually, following the completion of the Church Health Survey by our church family, results will be reviewed, formalized, shared, and discussed further through focus groups (small group discussion) with our church family for the purposes of clarification and how to move forward in light of what we’ve identified as a church family.
January 19, 2020 - Our Goodfield Vision steering team met last week at the FH with Bro. Arlan Miller. We spent most of our time learning to know each other and how we can work effectively as a team. Our goal is that as a church family we will all feel more loved, equipped and enabled to identify and align our present and potential ministries more closely to our scriptural calling as well as our global purpose and vision. Please feel free to reach out to anyone on the vision steering team for more insight or if you have any questions. There are extra handouts that give an explanation of our process and also list the team members. There is an omission in the packet as Bro. Nathan Wiegand is also serving on the team and is not listed.